Senior Director – Governance, Risk and Compliance
Chartered Accountant – ICAI (India),
Bachelors of Commerce – University of Calcutta
Gaurav is a Director with AJMS’s Governance Risk and Compliance department.
- He has extensive international professional experience of over 15 years in Assurance, Consultancy, VAT Compliance, Banking and Operations, spread across institutions in the Gulf.
- Prior to joining the AJMS team, he was the Chief Financial Officer in a wholesale Bank. Responsibilities included:
- Ensuring compliance with Central Bank regulations and IFRS standards.
- Developing and obtaining board approval for business plan and financial budgets.
- Analysing financial results at each month-end.
- Streamlining process by implementing effective internal controls over accounting and financial reporting processes.
With Ernst & Young, Gaurav was working as a Senior Manager in the Financial Services & Asset Management Group of the Assurance service line. Including • internal audits risk assessment • TAX compliance • fraud prevention/detection • policies and procedures • training and • statutory audits.
- review of treasury and investments including Private Equity & Hedge Funds functions in banks;
- Analyze results of operations and suggested best practices to address control weaknesses of various segments of clients’ operations.
- Setting up the audit approach and execution of the TAX assignments, in consultation with partners, which makes effective use of team members’ skills;
- Hands-on experience in development and deployment of IFRS 9 analytics, data analytics and policy development
- Appraising the adequacy and use of financial and operating policies, procedures and controls and constantly recommending required improvements therein;
- Facilitating elimination of non compliance of Central Bank regulations through appropriate corrective and preventive action;
- At Ernst & Young, Major clients engaged for various services were:
- Investcorp Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Al Salam Bank
- Bahrain Saudi Bank
- Nomura Investment Bank and Venture Capital Bank