Senior Director – Governance, Risk and Compliance
Chartered Accountant – ICAI (India),
Bachelors of Commerce – University of Calcutta
Gaurav is a Director with AJMS’s Governance Risk and Compliance department.
- He has extensive international professional experience of over 15 years in Assurance, Consultancy, VAT Compliance, Banking and Operations, spread across institutions in the Gulf.
- Prior to joining the AJMS team, he was the Chief Financial Officer in a wholesale Bank. Responsibilities included:
- Ensuring compliance with Central Bank regulations and IFRS standards.
- Developing and obtaining board approval for business plan and financial budgets.
- Analysing financial results at each month-end.
- Streamlining process by implementing effective internal controls over accounting and financial reporting processes.
With Ernst & Young, Gaurav was working as a Senior Manager in the Financial Services & Asset Management Group of the Assurance service line. Including • internal audits risk assessment • TAX compliance • fraud prevention/detection • policies and procedures • training and • statutory audits.
- review of treasury and investments including Private Equity & Hedge Funds functions in banks;
- Analyze results of operations and suggested best practices to address control weaknesses of various segments of clients’ operations.
- Setting up the audit approach and execution of the TAX assignments, in consultation with partners, which makes effective use of team members’ skills;
- Hands-on experience in development and deployment of IFRS 9 analytics, data analytics and policy development
- Appraising the adequacy and use of financial and operating policies, procedures and controls and constantly recommending required improvements therein;
- Facilitating elimination of non compliance of Central Bank regulations through appropriate corrective and preventive action;
- At Ernst & Young, Major clients engaged for various services were:
- Investcorp Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Al Salam Bank
- Bahrain Saudi Bank
- Nomura Investment Bank and Venture Capital Bank
Associate Director – Banking and Compliance
MA – Economics, CAIIB with more than 30 years experience in Financial Sector
- Satish is an outstanding professional with expertise in all aspects of banking, remittance and MSB services. He has vast experience in setting up corporate systems and governance in Banks and other financial entities.
- He brings in global perspective in compliance having closely worked with regulators in various countries.
- He was heading the Banking and Governance in a leading exchange company in UAE for almost 8 years.
- He was also involved in ensuring compliance in other group companies in foreign locations.
- He was involved in strategic assignments in a leading Public Sector Bank with overseas exposure.
- He was actively involved in implementing the Risk Management in the Bank.
- He was a key official for the exchange and has participated in the discussions with CB UAE.
- He has skills to develop AML framework, policies and procedure covering the regulatory and correspondent banking requirements.
- Has good knowledge on compliance environment in the country and globally.
- He is familiar with FATF recommendations and global sanctions requirement.
- Has excellent knowledge and experience in conducting enhanced due diligence for customers (corporate / retail), exchange companies and financial institutions.
- Having excellent knowledge on developing systems specific to transaction screening, scenarios for transaction monitoring and risk profiling.
- Having good Experience in operational risk identification and recommending risk mitigates including risks relating to AML.
Business Development Manager
Bachelor of Business Administration, SBS
Ahmed is a Business Development Manager in AJMS Global.
Ahmed is a veteran in Client relations and Business Development, having 20+ years of experience
Ahmed have an experience in Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Relationship Management, Professional Networking and
Business Banking in his previous role.
Earlier to joining AJMS Global, Mr. Zakaria was working in client relations and business development with Emirates NBD, First Gulf Bank, ADIB, Mawarid Finance and Cinque Technologies.
Being a native Arabic speaker, Ahmed bridges the communication needs of Arabic speaking clients.
Assistant Manager in Risk and Compliance
Balbeer is a assistant manager with AJMS, having more than 5 years of experience across multiple service offerings such as External audit, Financial Planning, Compliance and Analysis, Preparing the Financial Statements, Developing the SOPs, Process Audits, Risk Management, and Strengthen the Internal Controls for smooth Business Processes.
Balbeer has significant experience in reporting, Compliance, Internal Controls and conducting Internal Audit for clients
Balbeer has experience in conducting Risk Assessment of clients using primary and secondary sources of information for various regions.
Managed all monthly, quarterly and annual division financial results analysis
Manager – Compliance & AML Advisory
A competent banking professional with 14 years of experience, specializing in Financial Crime Compliance (FCC)– Anti Money Laundering (AML) & Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) – Transaction Monitoring (TMU), KYC, CDD, Sanctions, Procurement – Purchase to Pay as well as Inbound Voice Customer Service experience (BPO).
Worked with FAB as KYC – CDD Analyst; Reviewing customers documents, coordinating with Risk & Governance, Sanctions and Compliance the departments.
Worked with Emirates NBD as Compliance Officer; documentation and uploading of SAR in UAE Central Bank portal, reported to the MLRO, further to FIU.
Worked with Standard Chartered Bank as Compliance Manager; directing a team of 30-35 members consisting of Analysts (Maker) & Quality Check Analysts (QCs) for monitoring customer transactions (AML – TMU) at International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC).
Expertise in spearheading operations in Barclays Shared Services: related to Global Sourcing – Accounts Payable, Vendor Management, Invoice Processing, Insurance Payments, Client Onboarding, Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Customer Screening and Sanctions.
ACCA, B.Com, CAT
• Born in May 1992
• From: Karachi, Pakistan
Faraz is working as an Asst. Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance at Morison Consulting. He has professional experience of over 6 years exclusively in Audits and Compliance spread across institutions like , Habib Metro Bank Ltd, Morison Consulting, Buhaleeba Group of Companies and Gulf Integrity Management Consultancy. Faraz job portfolio is very much diversified due to audit association with different attributes of private and government sector industries which includes; Retail, Educational Sector, Real Estate Companies, Construction Companies, Exchange Co’s, Insurance Brokers, Banks, Trading companies and Service Sector Organizations. Hands on experience of providing the compliance services (Anti-Money Laundering) and Internal Audit Services to Banks and Exchanges as per the requirement of CBUAE and State Bank of Pakistan.
His audit exposure includes all the core processes of organization which includes; Sales, Procurement and Contracts, Advances, Exchange Remittance Operations, HR, Finance and Accounting, Cash Management, Inventory Management, Facility Management and Production. Compliance services (AML/KYC) and Internal Audit Services to a large portfolio of 15 plus Insurance Brokers, as mandated by Insurance Authority.
- Internal Control and Regulatory Compliances
- Operational Audit
- Compliance Audit
- Financial Statement Audit
- Investigatory, Inquiry skills with Skepticism
- Risk Assessment
- Financial Analysis
- AML Audits
- Financial Forecasting’s
Business Development Manager
Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Kardan University, Afghanistan
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), SRTM University, India
Certified Marketing Professional (CMP), American Certification Institute
Diploma in United Nations Studies , Indian federation of United Nations Associations (IFUNA).
Sailab is working as a Business Development Manager of AJMS Global.
Sailab has extensive experience in Business Development, Sales, Marketing and Corporate Communication
Prior to joining AJMS, Sailab was with Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance as Business Development Manager focusing on Corporate commutation, public relations and business development . Prior to that he has worked as a Business Development Officer in Ghazanfar Bank , he has also worked with Afghan Wireless Communication company as a sales Executive
Has strong relationship with financial sector including Banks, MFIs and Insurance companies in Afghanistan and International organizations
, Participated in different national and international events and workshops
Developed and implemented a comprehensive communication strategy including communication plan, communication objectives and communication channels.
Developed several proposals, project reports, news letters and business plans
Delivered trainings in the area of Marketing and Management
Carried out survey and research for different projects .
- Bachelor of Commerce
- MBA with major in Marketing and minor in Finance
Raj Kumar Jajoo has so far hand-on experience in few marketing assignments. He has now decided to pursue his interest in finance field. He is into his second year of post-qualification experience.
- Conducted market research on smartphones usage as a part of Reliance JioInfocomm Limited, Jaipur R&D programme.
- Responsible for handling inbound calls of AT &T (US) customers and cross-selling of other product and services
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to Adobe software users.
- He is presently involved in AML Audit assignments with Morison Consulting and soon will be stretching his wings to other areas of Corporate Governance.
Chartered Accountant (Aff) – ICAP (Pakistan)
Bachelors of Commerce
► Usman is a Big 4 and Top 10 experienced Tax Specialist and his experience covers Middle East & South Asia (MESA) region.
► He is highly skilled in Tax Advisory, Compliance & Process Improvement, Tax Audits & Dispute Resolution, Tax Consequences of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Tax Due Diligence and Client Relationship Management.
► Prior to joining AJMS, he has worked as:
► Senior Manager – LMKG
► Manager Tax & VAT – Baker Tilly Middle East
► Assistant Manager Tax – KPMG
► Tax Specialist – Khushhali Bank Limited,
► Tax Supervisor – PKF
► Tax Supervisor – Deloitte & Touche
His experience includes working as a strategic tax advisor with known and sizeable names in different economy sectors such as Banking & Insurance, Oil & Gas, Telecom & IT, Shipping & Logistics, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities, Social & Development, HNWIs, and OMBs.
His expertise include:
• Tax Advisory
• Tax Compliance
• Tax Process Improvement
• Tax Health Check Reviews
• Tax Dispute Resolution
• Tax Technology
• VAT Implementation across new jurisdictions and new company formations
Sithy is a Senior Consultant at AJMS Global.
Sithy has experience of more than 15 years covers affiliation with Multi Nationals, and in Sales and Marketing . She is also proficient with latest Digitalized financial & accounting technology.
She has extensive international professional experience in, Analyzing, Underwriting in retail credit products, Customer Due Diligence ,AML ,Risk Assessments, Compliance & also in Customer Onboarding. Compliance, and Fraud Prevention and Investigations.
Prior to joining AJMS, Sithy was working with Emirate NBD PJSC –Dubai for 9 years. she has joined in retail Credit Department in ENBD and then she moved to Auto loans Department ,and then to Accounts and liabilities.
She has Conducted several trainings session and spoken on various ongoing issues of KYC,CDD and Compliance Related factors for Sales Staffs.
Senior Consultant – GRC
Swathe is working as a Senior Consultant at AJMS.
She is a Chartered Accountant and graduate in bachelor of commerce degree.
She has professional experience of over 6 years exclusively in Audits & Taxation.
She is currently working with various insurance companies and Financial institutions in the UAE on assisting with the development, implementation, and execution of:
– IFRS 17
– IFRS 9
– Internal Audit
– Risk Assessments
Ajo Simon is a Senior Consultant with AJMS, having more than 12 years of experience across multiple service offerings such as Internal audit, Financial Planning, Compliance and Analysis, Developing the SOPs, Process Audits, Risk Management, and Strengthen the Internal Controls for smooth Business Processes.
Ajo Simon has significant experience in reporting, Compliance, Internal Controls and conducting Internal Audit for clients in Government, Exchange House (Money Changers), Insurance Companies and insurance brokerage sectors.
Ajo Simon has experience in conducting Risk Assessment of clients using primary and secondary sources of information for various regions.
Managed all monthly, quarterly and annual division financial results analysis.
Internal Audit Consultant
Preeja is working as an Internal Audit – Consultant at AJMS.
She has over 6 years of technical expertise in financial services industry mainly Reinsurance claims and Corporate Taxation for UK and EMEA clients.
Prior to joining AJMS Global, Preeja was working with Big 4 firm; Ernst & Young LLP; India on UK Corporate Taxation projects of UK and EMEA clients namely Brookfield; Tiffany & Co and many more using the HMRC guidance and One Source Citrix application. Also worked with Xchanging Technologies serving for broker AONBENFIELD.
Gained hands on experience with Global Risk Distribution system(EDE/RAR/ Accounting/AC Maintenance/LMI/CLASS.)
Gained expertise in reviewing the work of team members and was rewarded for performance excellence.
Preeja is currently working with various insurance companies in UAE on assisting with the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans.
MBA with Major in Finance
BBA with Majors in Finance
AJMS Global Consulting, VAT Consultant
SEP’17 – SEP’20 (3 Years)
- VAT Consultant in the Governance, Risk and Compliance department
- Handled projects in various fields like AML Audit, VAT Advisory & RIA Audit.
- VAT Registration and Implementation for various Exchange Houses and Trading companies
- Focused on VAT Consult ting & RIA AUP’s Audits specifically handling the clients in Financial Services Sector of Banks, Exchange Houses, and Insurance Brokers.
- VAT Subject-Matter Resource, capable in VAT Registrations, Implementation and VAT Returns and VAT Health Checks. Aided in successful VAT Implementations & Returns for various Exchange Houses, Trading companies, and DIFC Banks
- Coordination between company staff members and external VAT consultant for timely implementation of VAT Law Provisions.
- Keeping a tab on VAT project completion schedule and ensure that deliverables timelines form both internal staff member and VAT consultant are met.
- Responsible for timely and accurately filing of VAT Returns in accordance with provisions of VAT laws and regulations.
- RIA AUP’s Audits for over 15 Exchange Houses performed by AJMS Global Consulting, responsible for the planning of the Audits, collection of the documents and understanding the system in depth
- and how the process of Remittance is done for various Exchange Houses.
- Familiar with the RIA Process and is confident of leading the RIA Audit myself and shares a good rapport with Clients as they are perfectly satisfied with his work.
Anandu has completed his MBA in field of finance and is currently an Internal Auditor Intern at AJMS global.
He has undertaken internship in Al Masraf Arab Bank for Investment and Foreign trade where he was exposed to the branch and corporate audit.
He has completed his Bachelors in the field of taxation from Kerala University.
Rabiya is working as a Consultant at AJMS.
Rabiya is currently working with various insurance companies and exchange houses in the UAE on assisting with the development, implementation, and execution of:
– Internal Policies & Procedures
– Internal Audit
– Risk Assessments
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Business
- Survilla had total experience of 15 years’ in different sector.
- She handles the KYC for NBF clients, allocate and update the tracker in daily basis, reviewed, and released the reports.
- She is handling the accounts at the same time.
- She also handles document controlling of the Signed Engagement Letters and other details for the clients.
- SAP Literate (Version R3 4.6 and 4.7)
- SVM Version 2.2.2.
- DP World